anasmith7186896

anasmith7186896

Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 9)

Lover Unleashed (Black Dagger Brotherhood, Book 9) - J.R. Ward My reasons for loving this book:

1. Payne & Manny are a solid couple, although I wouldn't call this book theirs. It would've been nice to see more of them. Also the warrior Payne with murderous instincts shows up at the end of the book, so if you expect her to be as she was in the previous book, forget it. Even with all of that their romance was rather sweet actually, but nothing special. The best scene: when they go to see Glory (Manny's horse) together. :-)

2. The rather great part V&Jayne play in this books. V has always been one of my favourite brothers and I liked seeing him (but he is so messed up). BTW, this book could have been called V's book. His storyline was the one that drew me in the most.

3. The fact that we see more of characters from the previous books. HEA sounds great in theory, but this way we see beyond it.

4. Qhuinn. I really do wish she writes his story soon and ease his suffering. And what's with his "premonition" that he and Layla will have a child WTF?

5. No more POVs from lessers. I always skimmed through them, never managed to make myself read them (even when I tried really hard), mainly because I kept mixing them up. I'm usually good with names, but letters not so much.

Some stuff that bugged me a little:

1. Xcore and his bastards. I liked the fact that we see some more vampires, but I simply couldn't like him. And the way he treats his "friends". And he thinks of them as his bastards, come on. He kept pissing me off.

2. Detective Jose's POV. I know it's connected to the story, but I mostly skimmed through those chapters.

All in all:

A great addition to the series. Ward managed to write another book I couldn't put down. V is the one that who earned the book 5 stars, everything else 3-3.5 stars.

Rating: