anasmith7186896

anasmith7186896

What I Did For a Duke

What I Did For a Duke - Julie Anne Long The plot is not unusual. Our hero has been slighted by the heroine's brother, so to exact revenge he decides to seduce the said sister and abandon her. But is was unique in its own way.

Genevieve has been in love with her best friend for quite some time. So, when he professes his love for her friend she is crushed and certainly not in the mood to play nice with a duke. But something about Falconbridge draws her in, there was a connection between them.

Falconbridge really wants revenge, but Genevieve upset his plan, and he can't convince himself to go on. And then to add insult to injury he starts to fall in love with her.

I like the fact that Genevieve saw trough Falconbridge's plan from the start, that they were friends first and then lovers. And then in the end Falconbridge action truly did convince me of his love. There was a moment where I almost cried.

The one thing I didn't like was that Genevieve still planned to marry her best friend while she and Falconbridge were lovers. She cares for Alex, she really does, but the love for the other guy is still strong, come on.

I like Pennyroyal Green and its inhabitants as well as almost all Redmonds and Everseas and I'm looking forward to reading more about them.

Rating: