anasmith7186896

anasmith7186896

The Man Who Could Never Love

The Man Who Could Never Love - Kate Hewitt Anamaria is a daughter of a winery owner and she dedicated her life to making wine. She is terribly insecure about her looks, mainly because of the way men treated her. She simply doesn't fit the picture of an ideal woman. She is tall, full-figured and plain, and she dresses badly, simply because she believes that nothing can be beautiful on her. Ana gave up on love, marriage and kids a long time ago. And then came Vittorio.

Vittorio Ralfino, the Count of Cazlevara is a playboy. Something his mother said prompted him to marry. He chose Ana because she was loyal and she knows wines. He is emotionally scarred because of his childhood which was a battlefield. He believes he can't love. Of course he is wrong. :-)

It was a nice story, the development of the relationship is one of the good points. They didn't just jump in bed, but waited until they begun to care about each other. Ana's relationship with her father is nice too.

But there were a few things that bothered me. Firstly, in the beginning when Vittorio was thinking of Ana he did so with disgust, which was unsettling. Secondly, his family. The entire subplot about them just felt wrong, especially the way he changed his mind. It just bothered me.

I was going to give the book 3 stars, but I do love Plain Jane stories, and Vittorio did get better, so:

Rating: