anasmith7186896

anasmith7186896

Liberating Lacey

Liberating Lacey - Anne Calhoun I was pleasantly surprised by the book. I honestly didn't expect much of a story, but it was great, with lots of emotional moments and it was real.

Lacey has just gotten divorced from her husband of fifteen years. She wants to know what it is that she's been missing (in a sexual sense). She decided to pick up a man for a one-night stand. But the man - Hunter Anderson - is great, and after all being in a relationship with him won't be bad, as long as she doesn't fall for him.

Hunter is a cop who has never been in a serious relationship, never been in love and has no plans to be. But there's something about Lacey that tempts him. And he admits that what they have is special.

Of course there are some seemingly impossible obstacles. First there is the ten year difference (Lacey being the older one), then the social standings - Lacey is a rich businesswoman with millions to her name, while Hunter is a man with a cop's salary. And lastly there are Hunter's demons - some of the things he saw on the job haunt him.

All in all I loved the book, but there was just one thing that bothered me when they broke up and Lacey almost slept with some guy. I know that Hunter dumped her and all, but it still didn't feel good.

Rating: