anasmith7186896

anasmith7186896

Bound in Darkness

Bound in Darkness - Cynthia Eden
Hunter...

When it comes to killing vampires, werewolf Cade Thain is the best slayer in the Northwest. So when a witch hires him to take out a pureblood vamp, the assassin thinks it will be just business as usual. One less vicious vamp on the streets... one more undead parasite gone from the earth. Then he meets her.

Protector...

Allison Gray isn't the prey that Cade expects. Beautiful, innocent, she stirs a dark desire within him. Allison hasn't transformed fully into a vampire, not yet, and it's Cade's job to make sure that she never does. Allison thinks that he's at her side to keep her safe, but Cade is supposed to pick the right moment --and kill her.

Lover...

Killing Allison is soon the last thing that Cade plans. As she begins the transformation that will turn her into a vampire, her bloodlust and their desire merge in an explosion of need that neither can control. But Allison's enemies are closing in, and the coming battle will take Cade and Allison beyond life, beyond love... and into a deadly darkness that waits to claim them both.

Bound in Darkness.

Cynthia Eden is fast becoming a favorite author, so I was thrilled to see this book is out, and I wasn't disappointed.

Cade is a delightful hero - that is to say, he's grumpy, dangerous and oh so bad. Of course all his bad temper proves to be unable to resist Allison, there's just something about her that attracts him. He can't imagine hurting her even though she belongs to a race that he hates.

Allison desperately needs help. A lot of people want to kill her, Cade included. But he turns out to be a savior in disguise. I like how she tries to protect him, even though he's much stronger and meaner than her.

As always, when short stories are in question, I have some difficulties. Don't get me wrong I adore the story, the characters, but it's just too damn short for me to really get into it. And the ending is just a tiny bit rushed. Other than that everything else is OK.

I'm looking forward to reading Eden's next full-length novel [b:Angel of Darkness|10418404|Angel of Darkness (The Fallen, #1)|Cynthia Eden|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/41VCqCoUVaL._SL75_.jpg|15322668] with the release date of November 29th.

Rating: