anasmith7186896

anasmith7186896

Sweet Dreams

Sweet Dreams - Kristen Ashley After finishing [b:The Gamble|11227041|The Gamble (Colorado Mountain, #1)|Kristen Ashley|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51VfX6pUaML._SL75_.jpg|16152936], the first book in the series, I really wanted to read this. Most people said this one is better, which made me curious. In the end, I'm not sure whether or not I would agree with them.

Lauren desperately needs a fresh start. She just divorced a man that cheated on her with her best friend for FIVE years. Saying she needs a change is the understatement of the year. Carnal seems like a perfect place. She found a job, settled in the only hotel in town (luckily it's a good one), and after a swim in the pool, what does she see?

OK, so it's a slight exaggeration, so what? Anyway, she sees a gorgeous man she wants for herself. Luckily, she swore off men for the foreseeable future. And then, when she shows up for work the next day she sees him. He's her new boss. The irony..

Tate doesn't need the complication of a woman right now. Especially not a classy woman, someone he could imagine being in a serious relationship with. Of course, resisting her is futile. He wants her on the back seat of his bike. For those not aware of the meaning of that phrase it means it's serious, not just a fling.

Of course, to complicate things further there's a serial killer on the loose. I have to admit, I didn't guess who the killer is. So that part was nicely done.

I like Carnal almost as much as I liked Gnaw Bone. I'm just sorry we didn't get to see the characters from the first book in this one. The only one mentioned is Nina.

Anyway, I liked Lauren more than Nina. She was far more sure of what she wanted, and she didn't try to sabotage the relationship as much as Nina did. True, she did get upset and try to pack her things and leave a bunch of times (sometimes she's such a drama queen), but it was provoked. Tate is domineering and autocratic, a bit too much for my taste. He does have a gentler side, but not a lot of people see it. I mean who calls a female cat Buster?

But he is gorgeous, and hot and he does care for Lauren. I just wish that he talked things trough with Lauren first, and then gave commands. And his temper was horrible. It doesn't take much to set him off, at least not in my opinion. His whole attitude, I pay for everything, cause I'm a man (paraphrased it, he was far more crude about it), you can only buy the chick stuff, and if you do buy anything else I'll be incredibly angry. The things he said when he was mad, they were exceptionally cruel. I wouldn't have forgiven him so easily. And what's with all the swearing around the kid?

Rating: