anasmith7186896

anasmith7186896

Rock Chick

Rock Chick - Kristen Ashley After finishing Ms. Ashley's Colorado Mountain series as well as Heaven and Hell I was impressed with the stories (even with the editing and some pretty convoluted sentences), so I decide to try Rock Chic series. I'm happy to say I'm not disappointed.

A couple reviewers compared the books to Janet Evanovich's Stephanie Plum series and I can see the similarities. We have a clueless heroine that's been dragged into the criminal world, a handsome, extremely dangerous guy who owns a security company (sounds familiar anyone? :-) ). So if you liked Stephanie, you'll adore Indy.

Indy's a cop's daughter that inherited a bookstore from her grandmother.

She's happy with her life, and then somehow everything goes to hell. Her barista managed to loose millions of dollars worth of diamonds. How stupid do you have to be?

Her long-time crush Lee seems to be pretty focused on getting her to bed (after all this time, he thinks now is an ideal moment?)

And she keeps waking up with him, what's up with that?

And let's not forget all the criminals who think she knows where the diamonds are. Yay!

I liked the book, there were lots of LOL moments. Lee's family is insane, and Indy's father as well. And then there's all the people they meet, there's not a sane person in sight. Speaking of crazy persons, I love Tex - her new (completely insane) barista.

Lee's so deliciously dark and brooding. He's found his perfect mate in a tiny bit wacky Indy. After all, nobody else could put up with her. I love this quote:
“Your grandmother used to say that you were two souls separated in heaven. She mainly meant you were both trouble and deserved each other.”

He's a man with a scary reputation, but still saving Indy from herself takes a lot of effort. I love him. :D And his employees, yummy... ;-)

I liked how Indy tried to stay out of the mess when guns made their appearance. It's a nice change from the TSTL heroines, with no sense of self preservation. Of course, her common sense didn't always manage to overrule her curiosity, so she did have some TSTL moments that annoyed me, but overall she was good.

As I already mentioned in other reviews of Ms. Ashley's books, I love her characters. This book is no exception. The entire gang is hilarious and likable. I'm looking forward to reading more about them in Rock Chick Rescue.

Rating: