anasmith7186896

anasmith7186896

Motorcycle Man

Motorcycle Man  - Kristen Ashley Tyra Masters is a good girl. But when she decided to change her life (everybody should be able to live in color), a domino effect was started.

That's how she found herself in a biker bar, drinking tequilla and flirting with a motorcycle man.

The only thing she could think of is that he's the one - the one she's been waiting for her entire life. Unfortunately, he disagreed with her, and simply kicked her out of his bed the morning after (in that moment I really hated him).

But when she comes to her new workspace, guess who she sees? Her new boss - Tack AKA the Motorcycle Man.

But now it seems like things are different. After a brief period when he tried to chase her away, he starts pursuing her. The big bad biker with lots of tatts wants her, and he's stubborn as hell.
“Don’t you have anywhere else to go?” I asked.
“Not anywhere I wanna be.”
That, unfortunately, sounded nice.
Damn.

***********************

I watched his eyes settle on me.
Heated but it was again there.
Steely determination.
Instead of clenching, my heart grew light.
That felt a whole lot better.
I smiled at him and waited for Tack to smile back.
He did and it was great.

But he has a gentle side, and he knows how to woo a woman (even if he would never admit it). ;D

And there are his kisses:
I didn’t finish my question, his mouth crushed down on mine and there was no gentle coaxing to open for his tongue. It spiked out, forcing itself between my lips and then it was in my mouth. His kisses could be hungry, they could be demanding but he’d never kissed me like this. No one had ever kissed me like this. I didn’t even know you could kiss like this. It drained me dry at the same time it filled me up. Filled me full of what, I wasn’t sure except all of it was good.

But like all KA heroes he's bossy and arrogant:
Boiling that down, I do what you want me to do or you do whatever you want to do. Is that what I’m agreeing?”
Tack’s mouth twitched.
Then he muttered, “Yeah.”
“I’m noticing a theme to Life with Kane Allen,” I remarked.
“Yeah, and that theme is, I got your back. I take care of you. You sleep easy. You eat good. And you feel safe. Are you tellin’ me you got a problem with that?”
Well, presenting it like that, I didn’t.
That said, I still did.

And some more sweet moments:

I was looking at the shadowed planes of his chest, feeling warm and fuzzy and I’d been doing this for a while when Tack muttered, “Every
day, somethin’ new. Will I ever get to the heart of you?”
I pulled in a deep breath.
Damn, but I liked that too and the part I liked was it sounded like he both wanted to and didn’t but either way would be fine with him.
“I don’t know. No one has ever tried,” I answered quietly.
“Well, darlin’, gratitude. ‘Cause you just ensured I’ll sleep good knowin’ I’m the first man who gets that shot.”

***********************

“Fuck me, she really can’t handle sweet,” he muttered to the ceiling.
“So stop doing it,” I suggested.
“Not a chance,” he returned.
God, I hoped not.
I really, really did.

***********************

“That movie you made me watch, first time at your house. Love and redemption. You said, ‘the most beautiful stories ever told are the most difficult to take’. You said that, Red. Right out. And I knew if you got that, when it was later and I shared my shit with you, you’d get me. I never thought my story was beautiful. I thought it was shit. But you said that and when you did, I saw it. The ride is not over but if I can keep my Club together and find a sweet, feisty woman who’s got my back and enough to her that she’ll stay there, holding me up not dragging me down, I figure I’d find my way to beauty eventually. And I’d find absolution because I’d know, I earned the love of that woman, a woman who’s got so much to her it’ll take years to dig down and find the heart of her, that would be my reward.”
Ohmigod.
Ohmigod!
Ohmigod!
Did he just say that? Did. He. Just. Say that?
“And you told me,” Tack continued, his face coming closer, “I had that when I first met you.”

***********************

And into the darkness, to his sleeping woman, he whispered, “You don’t know this, baby, but some men have dream women too.”

Then there's Tack's kids. I liked them, but not as much as Finn or some of the other kids from 'Burgh series. But this was kinda memorable:
I called, I knocked and doing so woke up Rush.
This was not good but it was unavoidable. Tabby would have a shiner the next morning. He’d eventually find out.
Trying to take the drama out of it, and failing seeing as it was dramatic, I shared what was happening and then watched Rush morph into a mini-me Tack Dragon.
Then he kicked his sister’s door in.
The good news was, Tabby was no longer barricaded away from those who cared about her who could take care of her after the events of that night.
The bad news was, the door would need to be repaired.
The further bad news was, Rush was weeks away from eighteen and already kind of scary.
I decided to file that away to worry about at a later date (if I was around to worry about it) and instead prioritize.

The only thing that bothered me, and the only reason it's not a 5 star read is that I got a bit annoyed with Tyra. And I really wish she could grow a spine. Tack messes up, she rages, but then he simply steam-rolls over her - it got old after a few times.

Anyway, I was sad the series was ending but then I saw this at the end of the book:
The Dream Man Series ends with this story of Tack and Tyra.
The Chaos Series will begin with the story of Tabitha and Shy.

Rating: