anasmith7186896

anasmith7186896

A Love Untamed

A Love Untamed - Pamela Palmer 3.5 stars

Kieran has a dream. A dream that one day he will become a Feral Warrior. Now, to most that would be beyond reach, but he has a better chance. Not only is he a warrior, but his heritage makes it more likely for him to become the fox shifter.

Wonder of wonders, his dream came true. But things are not all shinny and bright. Quite the opposite in fact. You see, it's far from an ideal time to become a Feral. The animal spirits are being poisoned. The darkness consumes them and makes them evil and more vulnerable to Mages, Feral's enemies. Fortunately he is able to prove himself to the original Ferals.

So that part at least seems clear. Of course then there's Melisande, an Ilina warrior and his strong attraction to her. She seems cold and ruthless, but beyond the brittle facade lies a wounded woman, one that has closed herself off from feelings, because the pain was intolerable.

But the growing war forces them together. Isn't that how things usually go?

I've read all the books in the series and have some recollections of past events. But even so, it took me a while to piece everything together, to remember what happened in their world in the previous books (a lot happened). But once that was out of the way, I was able to immerse myself into the story.

I really liked both Melisande and Fox (or Kieran what his name used to be). They were both strong personalities, confused by their feelings, but in time, they came to terms with it. I love how Fox was patient and gentle with Mel. After her tragic past, she deserves someone to cherish her.

The not-so-good part was the pacing of the story. It was non-stop action. In some cases that would be a good thing, but somehow it proved too much here. With all the rushing from one dangerous situation to another, there was no time to simply settle my feelings about certain things. The bright side is that it kept me chained to the book, the bad, I didn't get to know the characters as well as I hoped.

Nevertheless, it's an action filled story, with a good romance at its center. Anxiously awaiting the sequel.

ARC provided by the publisher via Edelweiss in exchange for an honest review.