anasmith7186896

anasmith7186896

Crazy Thing Called Love

Crazy Thing Called Love - Molly O'Keefe 3.5 stars

Madelyn Cornish is a successful morning show host. She spent the last fifteen years or so trying to erase her past. As we all know, that is hardly ever possible. What she never ever imagined is her past showing up in such a way - the newest idea for her show - a makeover for a rough around the edges hockey player, one Billy Wilkins who just happens to be her ex-husband and a large part of her unfortunate history.

When Billy first heard the idea of a makeover, he was violently against it, but then when he realized that he can spend time with his Maddy he surrendered to it. It didn't hurt that his coach (and agent) wanted him to improve his image. Being known as a guy who resolves everything with his fists isn't all that nice.

I adored Billy, with all his anger he could have become a bitter bully, but he managed to retain that good inner core. He is rough and sometimes grouchy, but seeing him try to win Maddy back - amazing.

However, there's Maddy. I seem to have a problem with this author's heroines. I've read all the books in this series, and in each one the rating went down because of my violent dislike of the heroines. Unfortunately, it's the same case here. I couldn't make myself like Madelyn, at all. She simply rubbed me the wrong way. I get that her behavior has reasons, and that (in most cases) she was trying to protect herself, but it still didn't help.

There were some pretty great moments, the scene in which people's reaction to the idea of Billy Wilkins getting the makeover was probably my favorite. I was chuckling while I read it. :D

And then there are the glimpses of Luc and Tara Jean (from [b:Can't Buy Me Love|13151734|Can't Buy Me Love (Crooked Creek Ranch, #1)|Molly O'Keefe|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1333578505s/13151734.jpg|18034056]). The interesting thing - I liked Tara Jean far more in this book. But Luc was as awesome as ever.

All in all, a decent story with a truly spectacular hero.

And of course: :D