anasmith7186896

anasmith7186896

Waking Up Married

Waking Up Married - Mira Lyn Kelly 3 stars

You all have heard that saying: "What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas." Now, in some cases that would (kind of) be true - denial is a true life-saver at times, but some things simply can't be pushed under the carpet.

Take Megan, for instance. The morning after her cousin's bachelorette party, she wakes up in a stranger's bed, and she's wearing a wedding ring!

Now if only she could remember how exactly did she ended up there, all would be all right.

For his part, Connor is surprisingly pleased by the turn of events. He wants to settle down and have a family, it's just that he hasn't been lucky so far. But after he got to know Megan he realized that she is perfect for him. Now, all he has to do is to convince her of that.

A likable story about two people learning that loves takes no prisoners.

The plot is engaging and interesting. The fact that the hero is the one who wants to stay married, who is pursuing the heroine, trying to convince her that marriage is a great thing is truly refreshing.

I enjoyed the first half of the book. While Megan was a trifle annoying with trying to sabotage the marriage, Connor made for it. And then he was the one who went cold on her overnight. And that negatively impacted my enjoyment of the book. I dislike character who have major attitude changes, and Connor was truly a shinning example of the type.

I'm truly intrigued by this new Harlequin series. It sounds as if it will be really enjoyable.

For those interested, this book is free at both amazon and eHarlequin (and probably other retailers, but I can't guarantee it).

ARC provided by Harlequin via NetGalley