anasmith7186896

anasmith7186896

Touch of Frost

Touch of Frost - Jennifer Estep Gwen Frosts' life changed incredibly in the last few months. Her mother died. She was more or less forced to change schools. The one she is in currently is filled with kids with real magic (finding out that there are a lot of gifted people was quite a shock). And they don't like her much. In fact she has no friends. And as the icing on the cake - she is obligated to work in the library with the rather creepy librarian.

And then she stumbles into a body of a popular girl. And things get even more freaky. It seems like nobody cares much, like it something that is usual. So she decides to find out what really happened, everybody deserves someone to stand up for them.

I like Gwen. I like sense of honor and that she is willing to fight for Jasmine (the dead girl) even though she didn't really like her. Finding out the truth and fighting for justice is important to Gwen, after all her mother was a cop.

There are some secondary characters I like. Daphne for one. In the end she did what she wanted and wasn't worried about the consequences to her status.

And Logan - a Spartan. He is amazing. I adore him. He's such a bad boy. :-) I know he turned out to be a bit of a bastard at the end of the book, but I hope he gets better in the second book.

The entire world was fascinating, the whole school being filled with descendants from warriors. We have Valkyries, Spartans, Amazons...

There were some things that didn't mesh with the things from First Frost.

Rating: