anasmith7186896

anasmith7186896

Archangel's Blade

Archangel's Blade - Nalini Singh
The severed head marked by a distinctive tattoo on its cheek should have been a Guild case, but dark instincts honed over hundreds of years of life compel the vampire Dmitri to take control. There is something twisted about this death, something that whispers of centuries long past…but Dmitri’s need to discover the truth is nothing to the vicious strength of his response to the hunter assigned to decipher the tattoo.

Savaged in a brutal attack that almost killed her, Honor is nowhere near ready to come face to face with the seductive vampire who is an archangel’s right hand, and who wears his cruelty as boldly as his lethal sensuality…the same vampire who has been her secret obsession since the day she was old enough to understand the inexplicable, violent emotions he aroused in her.

As desire turns into a dangerous compulsion that might destroy them both, it becomes clear the past will not stay buried. Something is hunting…and it will not stop until it brings a blood-soaked nightmare to life once more…

Wow, the book is amazing.

Dmitri is an incredible hero. Dark, dangerous sometimes even cruel and yet capable of the truest kind of love. His past was horrific, the emotional scars so deep that he couldn't even dream of happiness and peace. And then he met Honor.

Honor has scars of her own. And even though she knows that Dmitri is the last person she should get involved with she simply can't resist him.

I love the way their relationship developed. Dmitri was patient, he never tried to rush her, and Honor, for her part, fought the ghosts haunting her so that she could finally be with the man (vampire) who'd always fascinated her.

And one of the best things - Dmitri didn't suddenly change and become a less intense person. He is the vampire we met in the first 3 books.

I'm not usually a fan of the reincarnation stories, but this was done well. Even though Honor sometimes got glimpses of her former life, she fell for Dmitri, and he for her, without knowing that they already loved each other in her previous life. My one little complaint is the ending - it seems a bit rushed, and I'm a bit confused as who Honor really is - a hunter, or a woman Dmitri married a millennium ago.

I love the glimpses we see from the Seven as well as Ashwini. It seems we'll get more from Janvier in the future books, and I really look forward to the fireworks.

Rating: