anasmith7186896

anasmith7186896

Heart Search

Heart Search - Robin D. Owens I'm a big fan of Celta's Heartmates, but after the last book which didn't impress me too much, I was a bit apprehensive about this one. But at the same time hopeful, after all Laev was someone I really wanted to learn more about. I was not disappointed at all. :-)

Laev is still trying to get over his dead wife. She tricked him into believing they were Heartmates because she wanted the status of being a GreatLord's wife. She was a selfish, unfaithful harridan. After that fiasco Laev finds it hard to trust a woman. And the last person he wants to meet is his real Heartmate. That connection is almost impossible to deny. But exploring this thing with Camellia Darjeeling shouldn't be as dangerous as that. But...

Camellia knows who her Heartmate is. And that knowledge haunted her for years. Finding out that your friend is married to your Heartmate can be devastating. She learned to hide the truth of it from everyone, herself the most. But now, Laev is free again. And the temptation of him is perilous to her.

I love both Camellia and Laev. With all their scars, issues, insecurities. Laev's come from his marriage, while Camellia's from her childhood and her abusive father and uncle. It causes them to be wary, and sometimes they react out of fear and hurt each other. But it's understandable.

I love the world of Celta. It's amazing and I like the fact that we learn more of it's history throughout the books.

As always, the Fams are great. A bit selfish, but so loving and brave and...

It seems to me that Camellia two friends are going to be the heroines of the next books, and I'm looking forward to reading their stories. But the next book [b:Hearts and Swords: Four Original Stories of Celta|12337872|Hearts and Swords Four Original Stories of Celta|Robin Owens|http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/51wG2jegwiL._SL75_.jpg|17317078] as the title says will contain four short stories. These are the heroes (it took me a while to find this, in the end found it on her blog): Kelse Bountry, Captain of the Starship Nuada's Sword when Celta is discovered. Next is Dri Paris, HeartMate to Arbusca Willow, Arbusca was in Heart Dance. Third is Cardus Parryl, he is Genista's Holly Furze's new love. Finally is Walker Clover, who has been mentioned in Heart Change, he wins the noble title for the Clovers.

Rating: