anasmith7186896

anasmith7186896

Cold Touch: Extrasensory Agents

Cold Touch: Extrasensory Agents - Leslie Parrish Olivia Wainwright has a terrifying "gift". When she touches a dead body she can live the last 2 minutes and 10 seconds of their life. The ability first showed up after she was kidnapped at the age of 15. It was an awful experience, she barely managed to escape with her life intact. The only reason she succeeded was Jake, a boy who "worked" with the kidnapper, who saved her life. So when she sees his face on the news, as an unidentified Jimmy Doe, she knows she must do whatever she can to repay her debt.

And that's when Detective Gabe Cooper comes along. Gabe is in charge of the murder investigation. When he first sees Olivia he's enchanted by her, and her story damn near breaks his heart, but her ability makes him skeptic and not so glad to meet her. But he sees the light soon enough. And together they decide to do anything in their power to catch the killer.

Olivia, understandably, has a lot of issues that stem from her abduction. In the following years she felt like a freak, but when, three years ago, she started working for EXtreme Investigations, she finally felt like she belonged.

And now there's this wonderful man in her life, a man with whom she can imagine a future. The only thing they need to do is stay alive.

Gabe is a great hero, patient, understanding and willing to protect Olivia from everything, including herself. The whole solution to her job was great.

I like how the mystery got tied up. It wasn't easy to guess, and it made awful sense.

I love all the employees of EXtreme Investigations. Starting with Julia and her ghostly partner, though guy Derek and his bike, Mick and lastly Aidan. I'm looking forward to reading their books. I particularly want to see how Julia gets her HEA.

Rating: