anasmith7186896

anasmith7186896

The Earl's Untouched Bride (Harlequin Historical)

The Earl's Untouched Bride (Harlequin Historical) - Annie Burrows Summary:

Fearing a forced betrothal with a man known for his cruelty, Heloise Bergeron throws herself on the mercy of Charles Fawley, Earl of Walton. He believes himself attracted to her younger, beautiful sister, so what is he doing entertaining thoughts of marriage to the plain, quiet Heloise? But marry her he does.

Returning to England with a convenient wife, who inspires a very inconvenient desire, Charles is about to discover just how untouched his French bride really is....

I like the books with a plain Jane plot - that's mainly the reason I even started this book. But unfortunately, the book leaves much to be desired.

Heloise and Charles are likable enough and their story could have been much better. You see this story simply lack a plot of any kind.

In fact the entire book is based on MISUNDERSTANDINGS. There wasn't a single conversation they had when they actually understood correctly what the other one was trying to say. A single conversation!!!

I'm not a big fan of the books when there was a misunderstanding that influenced the character's actions - but if done the right way it's OK. This wasn't the case here - after the first 50 pages or so I was ready to call it quits - I have no idea why I even continued.

An incredibly frustrating book, but I did like the beginning itself, and sometimes the main couple so:

1.5 stars