anasmith7186896

anasmith7186896

The Wedding Affair

The Wedding Affair - Leigh Michaels The book consists of three intertwined stories. The backdrop is a wedding of a duke's sister on a country estate. A lot of people (including matrimony hungry bridesmaids) came. And six of them went home much happier.

******

The first story is about a poor widowed countess, who out of desperation agrees to play a fiancee to a duke (so that she could intervene if a bridesmaid tries to trap the duke), while of course being his mistress as well.

The story was interesting, and I liked the duke, even though he could be a tad insensitive at times. But he was also gentle and understanding. The countess' first marriage was a nightmare, but she managed to make a life for herself and her daughter. And then she met a handsome duke. :-)

******

The second story is about a vicar's daughter and her old crush. Since her father died she needs to find a place for herself, whether as the new vicar's wife or as a companion to a wealthy aristocrat. What she can't do is fall for a handsome, but penniless, adventurer.

This was my least favorite story. I didn't like the heroine, and wasn't too much impressed by the hero. They tended to fade into the background when compared to the other couples.

******

The third story is about a married couple who are unhappy in their marriage. She's was heiress, but a commoner, and he's was an earl in desperate need of blunt.

This is one is my favorite. I love the stories of couples already married. I adore the earl, even though he could appear cold at times. His countess is great as well. Warm, but desperately wanting a real marriage. And her father is a riot. :D

******

But my favorite character is Lady Stone, a meddling dowager. She is incredible! I adore her, she's not afraid to say what's on her mind, and her romance with the colonel, so sweet. :-)

Rating: