anasmith7186896

anasmith7186896

Dream Date with the Millionaire

Dream Date with the Millionaire - Melissa McClone Dani Bennett's life is not turning out as she hoped. She was fired from a good job, now she's forced to work for a pretty sleazy online dating site. And to top it all her boss expects her to spy for a rival site.

image

And that's how she met Bryce Delaney. Bryce is the owner of said rival site. He needs to find out what is it that Dani is hiding. And a date is an ideal opportunity for that.

image

What neither of them expected is to fall in love.

I had some serious issues with the book. First of all, I find the plot ridiculous (it might be because I've been reading some pretty heavy SuperRomance books, but still) - the whole spying on each other thing was never my favorite (all the lying all the time), but this time it's just over the top - it's a matchmaking site, not a state secret people!

As for the characters - Dani was annoying as hell. She spent a lot of time whining how she hates her job, I do understand that she has no choice and that she needs it, but I don't have to read about it over and over again.

Bryce is a bit better, but too naive. He believes in his site and matchmaking, which is great, but then he actually believes that every person that signed up is looking for a soul-mate. Really? Other than that he was just too bland and unmemorable.

And I don't get how they actually managed to fall in love.

All in all, I couldn't like the book, no matter how hard I tried. I actually skimmed the last third of the book, I was just too irritated with everything to read it properly.

Rating: