anasmith7186896

anasmith7186896

Dark Peril (Carpathians, #21)

Dark Peril (Carpathians, #21) - Christine Feehan
Dominic of the Dragonseeker Carpathians is on a desperate mission, in the very heart of enemy territory. Solange Sangria is one of the last of the jaguar people. She has long been fighting to save women who are able to shift from the hands of the man who slaughtered her family and everyone she loved-her own father. They are two warriors who have lived their lives alone. Now, a the end of their time, they find each other, a complication neither saw coming.

I've read every book in the Carpathian series, and I have to admit, that even though they can be a bit repetitive, I still find myself reading them. Although these last few books are different - there are some serious developments in the world.

Dominic is an ancient Carpathian from one of the most famous families. In the last book he decided to sacrifice himself so that the ones that want to destroy their race can be stopped. He injected himself with the parasites and became a spy. He is a great hero, a bit domineering, but still willing to be true partners with Solange. He wants to protect, but not smother her.

Solange's life has been hard. Her entire family was murdered and she became the protector of her young cousins. Her life mission is to destroy the leopards who abuse women. The mission sometimes seems impossible. But she has her dream man to comfort and reassure her. But then he proves to be real - and everything changes.

I like both of the main characters, but the book dragged a lot. I started the book multiple times, and then gave up before I even got to the half. The pace of the first half is slow, and even though there are some battles it's still boring. The second half is better - the trick is to get to it. The only reason I managed is because I want to read Zacarias's book and I'm obsessed with reading the series in order.

Rating: