anasmith7186896

anasmith7186896

Viscount Breckenridge to the Rescue

Viscount Breckenridge to the Rescue - Stephanie Laurens Summary:

Determined to hunt down her very own hero, one who will sweep her off her feet and into wedded bliss, and despairing of finding him in London's staid ballrooms, Heather Cynster steps out of her safe world and boldly attends a racy soiree.

But her promising hunt is ruined by the supremely interfering Viscount Breckenridge, who whisks her out of scandal-and straight into danger when a mysterious enemy seizes her, bundles her into a coach, and conveys her out of London.

Now it's up to the notorious Breckenridge to prove himself the hero she's been searching for all along...

I've been a follower of the Cynster family for quite some time. I love all of them, and most of the time I liked the books as well. But the further the series goes, the less I like the books. They are all really similar and I get the feeling that I already read the book.

The book started out great. The kidnapping and the ride north and the escape as well were riveting, I stayed up late because I couldn't put the book down. And then when Heather was finally free, things went downhill. Suddenly everyone is safe and now they can devote themselves to thinking about their feelings all the time. I barely finished the book.

Heather and Breckenbridge are a typical Cynster couple. Heather is headstrong, stubborn and will only wed for love. Breckenbridge is a warrior unwilling to admit that he actually has feelings. He evidently has his reasons for being wary, but they're not explained. And I got sick and tired of being reminded that Breckenbridge is the top rake in ton. To me, sleeping with someone before marriage doesn't make a rake (true, some of the ladies were married, but still...).

And the way that Breckenbridge finally found the courage to admit his love didn't sit well with me did he really have to nearly die to accept the fact that loving someone doesn't make you weak.

I like the glimpses we got of the earlier Cynster couples. As I said I have a weak spot for the entire family.

But the most interesting character in the book is the mysterious lair - I can't wait to find out what's his story.

Rating: