anasmith7186896

anasmith7186896

That Same Old Feeling (American Hero, Wide Open Spaces) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, No. 577) (Silhouette Intimate Moments, No 7577) - Judith Duncan I like the idea of the book, a couple so obviously in love, having to fight for their HEA. All in all I liked the book, but there were some things that bothered me.

Chase was great, patient, loving. Don't get me wrong he had major issues as well, mainly with his family, and some emotional scarring, but he managed to keep it contained in a way. It affects him but it doesn't rule his life.

I like his relationship with Tanner - his half-brother - and Tanner's family.

Dev is a whole different story. I do understand that it wasn't easy for her but she hurt not only Chase, but herself as well with her fears and insecurities. I couldn't like her at all, and she almost made me quit reading the book near the end.

And one other thing, the ending, I'm not convinced that Dev deserves Chase and everything he's done for her.

Dev almost managed to ruin the book, but the story drove me in, maybe not the story itself but the emotions and the pain of the characters, and because of that the book got the rating:

3.5 stars