anasmith7186896

anasmith7186896

Sunrise Point

Sunrise Point - Robyn Carr Another great addition to the Virgin River series. :-)

Nora Crane's life is finally coming around. Her deadbeat ex is in jail, she has a lot of new friends, and the citizens of Virgin River are all welcoming and willing to help. Of course it would be better if she found a permanent job, and look there, an advertisement for a job at a local apple orchard.

Ten years ago, Tom Cavanaugh couldn't wait to get as far away from Virgin River and the northern California mountains. But, after a stint in the marines, he's more than ready to find the perfect woman and settle down with his apples. Of course, fate does intervene in the form of one Nora Crane who is far away from his perfect woman, unfortunately he really can't stop thinking about her.

There are no waterfalls in the book, but I liked the picture so much, I couldn't resist putting it here

I like Nora, after everything that happened to her, she not only survived, but managed to still stay a tiny bit optimistic, if only for her precious daughters. She has absolutely no intention of getting involved with a man, but Tom is so good that it's hard to resist.

Tom can be a bit bullheaded in the regards to his ideal woman, but eventually he came to his senses. I mean, it was obvious that Darla would never fit in with his life, and it took him only a month to figure it out! Although she does have a fine taste in boots. :-)

I love their relationship. It was a true friends-to-lovers story. They came to care for each other, knowing that starting something romantic really isn't in the cards. They shared their past, their dreams. Some things are just meant to be.

Nora's daughters Berry and Fay are so cute. And the way Tom is around them - to cute for words.

There are of course a plethora of characters from the previous books, and if I'm not mistaken, we got to meet the hero from the next one (Coop, Luke's friend).

I'm looking forward to the next book in the series.

Rating: