anasmith7186896

anasmith7186896

A Whole New Light

A Whole New Light - Sandra Brown When I first read the summary of the book I was intrigued. I love friends-to-lovers story, and I usually like Ms. Brown's stories so I figured I would like this one as well. Unfortunately that didn't seem to be the case.

Cyn's life hasn't turned out the way she dreamed. Her husband died two years ago, and now she lives with her widowed mother and her son. Nothing interesting happens to her. The only bright thing in her life (besides her son) is her best friend Wroth (who happened to be her husband's best friend as well). So when he suggests a weekend getaway to the tropics she lets herself be convinced to go.

Wroth is mostly happy with his life. True, his romantic relationships have gotten a bit, well boring, lately. So when his girlfriends stands him up, he decides to invite his pal Cyn.

Neither of them expected anything romantic to happen.

As I said, a great premise, but I simply couldn't like it, mainly because Cyn is an idiot. She is whiny and selfish and immature. I couldn't stand her. I was tempted to simply DNF the book, but I decided to endure and finish it, and even then I skimmed the second half.

Wroth is OK, but not good enough to make me ignore Cyn's gigantic flaws.

Rating: