anasmith7186896

anasmith7186896

The Angel (The Original Sinners)

The Angel (The Original Sinners) - Tiffany Reisz 4.5 stars

Well, at least this book cleared some things for me. We get to know the cast much better, we learn more about their histories, the reasons behind some of their actions. They're much easier to understand now.

Soren

The character that changed my opinion about him is definitely Soren. In the first book he came across as a cold and dangerous sadist. Here, we see more of his softer side, the wounded man who loves Nora more than anything else. He officially became my favorite.

Nora

Nora spends most of the book training the Angel, or Michael. Somehow, in this book, she wasn't as prominent as she was in [b:The Siren|10970532|The Siren (The Original Sinners, #1)|Tiffany Reisz|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1335832751s/10970532.jpg|15888570]. I still like her, but I like her the most when she is with Soren. Their relationship is so overwhelming and perfectly imperfect.

Michael

Michael is a deeply wounded young man. He was always fascinated by the world of S&M, and when his parents found out, let's just say it didn't go well. We see him slowly come into his desires and become happy.

Griffin

I think most people who read Siren will remember Griffin. He's always so cheerful and chatty, but underneath there are some insecurities. But he matures and becomes someone that Soren can actually approve of.

Kinglsey

We learn some things about Kinglsey, about his goals and dreams. And I have to admit - I didn't see it coming. I have to post this excerpt, Nora's description of him, it fits him perfectly:
Who was Kingsley? Kingsley Edge, the King of Kink in New York City. Half-French, all pervert. Her occasional lover and Søren’s best friend. Well, best friend on those occasions Søren wasn’t threatening to kill him.

Suzanne

The reporter who wants to write an expose on Soren. She is deeply influenced by the suicide of her brother who was abused by a priest when he was young. As a consequence, she hates priests, and can't make herself believe that Soren might be a good one. The attraction she feels for him doesn't help, that's for sure.

**********

The book had two subplots. One dealt with Soren and Suzanne and I loved it. Maybe because of my recently changed opinion of Soren, but I loved it. True, there are some really disturbing things there (let's just say that Soren's childhood was hellish).

The other one dealt with Griffin, Michael and Nora, and couldn't hold my attention (hence the lower rating). I could barely stop myself from simply skipping those parts and go straight for more Soren.

In my review of the first book, I said I was conflicted about a lot of things. In here, everything is much more clear and easier to understand. Maybe because I fully shifted into the state of mind in which I can process the S&M scenes better, or that I can better understand the relationships between certain people, or some other reason that I can't even think of.

Now, don't get me wrong, the characters still have the power to confuse me, to make me doubt my opinion of them. But not as bad as it was in the Siren. The biggest change is in Soren, he definitely redeemed himself (in the beginning, when his treatment of Nora is shown).

I can't wait for [b:The Prince|15704485|The Prince (The Original Sinners, #3)|Tiffany Reisz|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1344776840s/15704485.jpg|21366587]! I mean the ending here nearly made me scream from frustration. What was Soren thinking? Ok, so I do get him (kind of), but how could he let Nora go?

She better end up with Soren, that's all I'm saying.

Any opinions?

I can only hope that they put Prince on NetGalley and that I don't have to wait for November 20th to read it. Because it will be torture...