anasmith7186896

anasmith7186896

the proposition

the proposition - Katie Ashley 4 stars

Emma simply can't stand the ticking of her biological clock anymore. Something has to be done. Unfortunately, her gay best friend won't be her sperm donor (even though he promised :-( ), but help comes in an unexpected way. Her playboy colleague offers to do it for her, with one stipulation - they have to do it naturally. *Emma completely shocked*
Tick, Tock, Tick, Tock

Aidan isn't exactly sure why he offered. True, he is immensely attracted to Emma and really wants to sleep with her, but this is an all time high for him. Nevertheless, he sure won't give up on the idea. And once Emma said yes, well, things are going splendidly for him.

Of course, none of them really thought it trough. The forced intimacy isn't making it easy to stay practical and detached. Messy emotions get involved.
Best laid plans and all that jazz

The book is truly a joy to read. The writing, the plot (while not original, it's still entertaining), most of the time the characters. The problem was with Emma and Aidan. As I said, most of the time, they were great and I loved them. However, Emma's behavior (be really, really careful and slow so that Aidan won't get spooked) and Aidan Picking up another woman!!! REALLY!!! True, he didn't go through with it, but it still rubbed me the wrong way.

Their families are awesome, and I can't wait to hear more about them.

And, of course, there's the all present CLIFFHANGER!!!! At least the wait for [b:The Proposal|16117804|The Proposal|Katie Ashley|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1352081808s/16117804.jpg|21936139] won't be too long (January), but I still prefer some sort of closure.

All in all, an intriguing book whose sequel I'm definitely going to read. You know, the moment it comes out. :D