anasmith7186896

anasmith7186896

Double Crossed: A Spies and Thieves Story

Double Crossed: A Spies and Thieves Story - Ally Carter 5 stars

Ever since Ms. Carter first mentioned this book I was really looking forward to reading it. A clash of Gallagher Girls and Heist Society? What's not to like there? :D So, I was overjoyed when I noticed it on NetGalley (and no requesting needed) :-) .

OK, on to the story itself. Imagine an ordinary society gala. A lot of rich, influential people wandering around. Filled to brims with women adorned in millions of dollars worth of diamonds. And one woman, the proud owner of the Canary diamond shines brighter than of all them.

Sounds like a thief's dream, doesn't it? Well, some would definitely agree, since they actually did decide to relive the guest of their valuables. What they didn't do is count on Macey McHenry and W.W. Hale V.

Macey is bored to tears. Her friends aren't with her, and there's nobody interesting or new in the place. Unless, wait - who is that gorgeous guy and is he stealing something from a guest?

Hale isn't thrilled with the gala either. There's no challenge in her - except for the strange girl who is more than she appears. There is something odd about her, but figuring out what it is would have to wait since the guys with guns showed up.

I adore this story! Seeing the two worlds clash is even better than I imagined.

I liked how well all of them worked together. They didn't trust each other immediately (after all they are all pretty paranoid because of their jobs), but at the end they managed to pull off a perfect plan (one worthy of Kat).

Hale is as dreamy and gorgeous as ever - not long now for [b:Perfect Scoundrels|13580928|Perfect Scoundrels (Heist Society, #3)|Ally Carter|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1340716595s/13580928.jpg|19165894]. And Macey, well she made waiting for the next book in the Gallagher Girls series even more of a torture.

All in all, an amazing short story that will make you crave more of Ms. Carter's writing!

ARC received from Disney Book Group via NetGalley.